JustNoPoint Forum
May 29, 2017, 03:50:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: having weird pallete problems when I use kong sprite packs  (Read 8842 times)
lost_avenger
I'm Awesome

working on cfe Ken and Cammy...

kipp_the_dark_knight
View Profile
« on: March 16, 2010, 06:35:24 PM »

Can someone please help? I tried moving the background color to the top left and bottom right box in my pallete(not at the same time though) and when I play it in mugen, it is a giant block of color with a Ken stance type image dancing in front of it. The color varies a bit, but it is actually blocking out the bg and other character at the same time...

Any help?

Isn't it ironic that the strong will always be ruled by the average?
LaQuak
ﺝﮗ Oriental Lord
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 08:31:56 PM »

So you replaced the colors with one another and it gave you that result? Could you provide a picture just so we can see whats up. Also what type of character are you planning on working on, just asking as there could be better rips out there. Despite the fact that Kong did rip quite a nice selection, his stuff will usualy give you unnecessary pallete problems. I had to have a good friend of mine work on the pallete to make it work well with all the sprites.

lost_avenger
I'm Awesome

kipp_the_dark_knight
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 09:07:42 PM »

A capcom fighting evolution style Ken(cvs sprites with sf3 gameplay(I hope...)). I tried getting the yellow color for his hair as an example and it pointed to a purplish color on the generated pallette. How do I take a pic on mugen? Sorry, I'm still new at this.

On a side note. If it is a simplish fix then I'd like to stick with what I have. I do have back up sprites in case. I should have tested him out sooner and I wouldnt have wasted 4 hours or so *sighs*. I'm also making a Cammy with his rips too.

LaQuak
ﺝﮗ Oriental Lord
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 06:04:08 AM »

Well just remember that you can use JNP's CvS Ken rips just incase you're having problems but we can troubleshoot this. It sounds a bit odd that it would point to purple color when you select yellow on Kens hair. It could possibly be that there are purple colored sprites that youd need to use that come with the pallete. For example, Mai Ling from Red Earth's her pallete generates all kind of yellow, orange and redish colors because her sprite pack comes with her attacks attached with flame attacks on her legs so the colors must be there even though her standing sprites have none of those colors. Ultimately you'll have to work with Kongs palletes alot in order to get it right.

Did you try hitting the optimize button when you're making that pallete. Open up Elecbyte Player template and in .sff make sure that 1st white box remains. Click Pallete menu to bring up the pallete editor and select the 1st Ken sprite. If all sorts of colors pop up thats fine, then press Optimize button on the bottom and alot of colors should be removed.

Taking pictures you can simple press Print Screen button found next to Scroll Lock on older type keyboards, then just simply open MS Paint and select and cut a portion you want to show and save in .png format then post it here.

lost_avenger
I'm Awesome

kipp_the_dark_knight
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 04:24:14 PM »

When I optimize it, ken turns black with a reddish outline. He is a giant black square. for whatever reason, fighter factory ultimate keeps putting the background color in the middle of the top row and when I move it, it messes up. I switched over to JNP's ken rips. And now Im having more pallete problems.

I dont have that button on my keyboard. I am using the one that came with my netbook. When I try to make a pallete with ff portable, it crashes and says something about mugen.dll. Or it will say something about an invalid click operation even when I dont do anything. If nothing else, I will download paint shop pro on Friday/Saturday when my internet resets.

I can send you the generated pallete and the sff(it is just his stance for the moment) if it will help? Sorry for about needing a bit of help...

lost_avenger
I'm Awesome

kipp_the_dark_knight
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 11:27:13 PM »

Ok after some tinkering I managed to get the weird black and other color mix to go away, but the background of the image(the hot pink) goes away. I tried to fix this by moving the pink color to the bottom right box, but that didnt fix it. So I turned all duplicate colors(black-blue 0, green 0, red 0) to pink and that was how I got the outfit to look right.

So I assumed the top left box would be the background color but when I turn it pink(black with 16 in each) he ends up being glitchy looking again. Ive tried pallets made in paint shop pro 6 and pallets generated by FFU. I tried optimizing, I tried generating pallet from colors used in the pic I opened. But nothing is working right. Any ideas?

LaQuak
ﺝﮗ Oriental Lord
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 09:21:52 AM »

What I do is when I make a 1st main pallete is select that very 1s small 25x25 white box that I get from Elecbyte Player and I open Pallete Editor and you should see that white box on the left side of the screen with alot of full black boxes. On the right is where I open up my 1st character sprite and if it automaticaly generate colors I just click on the picture on the background to select active transperancy color (usualy hot pink) and then transefer it on the <-- all black color box on the very bottom right. Then I just select all colors and transfer then over <--- aswell. If no colors are generated I just click Optimize and do the same steps. You have to add all the character sprites to the new pallete you are making. So you need to open all the sprites up and apply the colors on them. If that goes wrong then the sprites itsellf are messed up somewhere.

lost_avenger
I'm Awesome

kipp_the_dark_knight
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 02:10:30 PM »

*nods* slight problem. I am getting a mugen.dll error in both ff portable and FFU when I click the optimize button. I am applying the pallet I made in paint shop pro to my sprites, opening them in the pallet editor and I get two different pallets. The one in portable has a ton of extra colors that are out of order and screw up my sprite colors.

The one in FFU gives me the right colors in the wrong order and when I adjust them, it messes up. The background color(hot pink) ends up being 3rd from the right of the top row. When I try to move it, it messes up. I'm using JNP's sprites now and the only problem I get with those is that the background color doesnt want to go away(it stays attached to the sprites when in mugen). I assume this is fixed by editting the pallet, but paint shop pro wont let me edit .act files.

So basically... the pallet editor/generator in ff hates me...

lost_avenger
I'm Awesome

kipp_the_dark_knight
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 03:22:09 PM »

Sorry for the double post. I went through and repalleted all of the stance images. Now the pallet shows up in fighter factory. all of the colors are there, just in reverse order(bottom row of colors is now on the top. The large collection of colors at the top is now on the bottom in reverse(like pink,red,blue is now blue,red,pink)

Now his sprite has holes in mugen and he is a grayish color. His background color inverted to black and is still there. And he blinks and flashes quickly. So I'm starting to figure it out(cyanide was helping me on the side and recommended I get fighter factory classic update 3. All the fighter factories I find through google are bundled with spyware/viruses and are generally ultimate and not classic.)

So if I get the pallet fixed, I'll have to redo the entire sff? and is there a faster way to apply the pallet to all of the sprites in paint shop pro faster? I've been opening each individually and applying the new pallet over and over again. ctrl+O, shift+O, cntrl+s... rinse and repeat

LaQuak
ﺝﮗ Oriental Lord
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 06:01:20 PM »

If the background color is not going away then you didn't set the color on the bottom right corner or there is hot pink somewhere in the characters colors (it shouldn't be though, definately not on JNP's sprites as I've worked with his sprite and no problems there)

FF sometimes does that. I just keep clicking on untill it stops or I can get to the pallete box and then making a pallete. So you're saying that when you rearrange colors the mess up. I generaly leave what ever FF gives me and I rarely (as in maybe once) I had problems.

This coming from a person that doesn't know/mess with colors, only what FF gives me. If all else fails send me the sprites and I can see whats up really quick.

lost_avenger
I'm Awesome

kipp_the_dark_knight
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 11:01:52 PM »

I'll send you the sff. Just in case I'll send the pallet that it generated(which actually shows up fine in fighter factory, just not in mugen).

lost_avenger
I'm Awesome

kipp_the_dark_knight
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 11:21:40 PM »

woohoo! It works finally! turns out when I made his pallet, I messed up the first sprite. I didnt notice it till I zoomed in on him. I re applied a paint shop pallet and tadah! Everything is working. *hugs Laquak in the straightest way possible* thank you! Oddly enough, I figured out how to make alt pallets on accident so I'll make a blue and black pallet later.

LaQuak
ﺝﮗ Oriental Lord
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2010, 07:09:06 PM »

Damn colors Cheesy Glad you got it working.

Different sprite packs by different rippers will do that. It doesn't mean it's a bad rip. Your troubleshooting is definately worth it in the future as far as palletes are conserned.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 07:10:42 PM by LaQuak » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: